Located in the Southern Pacific Ocean, the Marquesas Islands consist of over 118 different islands, including Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora. Romantic sunsets, clear beaches, warm lagoons and colourful reefs welcome visitors back to paradise every year. Find yourself fully immersed in the rich culture and diversity of the Polynesian lifestyle while the grand sights and sounds create an inevitable appreciation and awareness for the beauty in the world. Let your dreams become reality as you explore the wonders of the Marquesas Islands.
- Time difference: 2 hours behind PST from October to March, 3 hours behind PST from April to October
- Currency: French Pacific Franc (XPF) (please note most credit cards are readily accepted in tourist areas)
- Passport and Visa: No visas required for stays of less than 90 days. Passport is required.
- Languages: French and Tahitian are the official languages, however English is spoken and understood in tourist areas.
- Tipping: Not customary in the Polynesian culture
- Weather: Click here to find out about weather and climate in the French Polynesian
- Tahiti Hotels and Accommodation
- Tahiti Day Excursions with Far and Away Adventures
- Marquesas Art and Culture Festival
Aranui 5 Itinerary Route-Map
Hiva Ova Island